We at Kenosha.com always love small business, and shopping local.
We just love them a bit more on Small Business Saturday.
That’s why we put the call out last week for small business owners to send us their special Thanksgiving shopping weekend sales, events, products and services, so we can promote them to you, our readers. More than a dozen responded, and we share them here, along with some top picks from our staff. This is by no means a complete list, but it’s a great start as you make your holiday shopping plans.
Happy Small Business Saturday!
Have others to add? Comment on our social posts!
Visit the farm
There are no shortage of terrific options here, obviously.
Let’s start in Salem Lakes, where the 75th Street Inn, 26229 75th St., is offering its annual gift card sale. Get a $25 gift card for $20, $50 gift card for $40, $75 gift card for $60, or $100 gift card for $80. (Not valid for same-day purchases.)
Speaking of gift cards, Tavern on 6th, 5712 Sixth Ave., is offering a “give a gift, get a gift” promotion. When purchasing gift cards on Small Business Saturday, additional funds will be added to your card to use for another person or keep for yourself.
You can’t go wrong at Tenuta’s Deli, 3203 52nd St. Whether shopping in-store for Italian holiday favorites or ordering a meat and cheese tray online, there is something for everyone at this iconic shop. “Any holiday of any type is big for us,” owner Chris Tenuta said. “People want trays, they want prosciutto, something that is part of their holiday tradition.”
Swede’s, 510 56th St., was also a staff pick. “Everything tastes better when you’re Up North,” proclaims this downtown Kenosha tavern — especially its signature Old Fashioneds, to go along with its weekly lunch and dinner specials.
Go back to your Roots
Continuing with the “eat local” theme, there are also plenty of reasons to visit Roots Hospitality Group restaurants — El Camino Kitchen, Waterfront Warehouse and La Fogata — this holiday season. All three are offering gift card and secret gift promotions, and Santa and Mrs. Claus are visiting El Camino Kitchen on Dec. 1, 8, and 15.
See the images for more information. Also …
- Chocolate Tres Leches will make its debut on the dessert menu at El Camino & La Fogata, and Southern Pecan Pie will debut at Waterfront Warehouse.
- The Big Bundle Up with Travel Wisconsin and Visit Pleasant Prairie continues at El Camino; all donations will go to the Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha. Donations will also be collected for Women and Children’s Horizons at Waterfront Warehouse and La Fogata Mexican Grill.
- Elsie Mae’s Little Red Pie Wagon will be stationed across from La Fogata (diagonal from Waterfront Warehouse) on weekends until Dec. 19.
Small Business Saturday options abound in downtown Kenosha. From the submissions we received and our staff favorites …
- Dawn’s Style, 633 58th St., has new holiday fragrances from Lampe Berger and new frames in Peepers, as well as a variety of Myra Bags and fall sweaters. Purchase three full-sized Moroccanoil products and receive a free camo weekender bag.
- JJ’s Boutique & Studios. This business at 5721 Sixth Ave. is hosting a vendor pop-up event on Small Business Saturday with up to 10 vendors. The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., with vendors staying until at least 3 p.m.
- The Pine Blossom. The store at 5925 Sixth Ave. featuring upcycled furniture, clothing, jewelry, home decor, and seasonal floral arrangements has a variety of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday sales and specials planned.
- Blue House Books. Anyone who shops at the store at 5915 Sixth Ave. on Small Business Saturday will be entered to win gift cards to other downtown businesses. Learn about “shop local” options for readers in this Kenosha.com article.
- To & From Gift Shop. Check out this store at 5535 Sixth Ave. for an eclectic mix of accessories, housewares, greeting cards, apparel, and more.
- Jockey Outlet. The store at 5500 Sixth Ave. has underwear, t-shirts and activewear and more for both men and women, as well as exclusive sales. Jockey is also offering big online savings all weekend.
- Bellissima’s Boutique. The store at 5821 Sixth Ave. features fashion accessories, designs, fashion jackets, handbags and bath products.
Calling all sports fans
Our staff loves Super Sports Footwear, Etc. a local, family-owned sporting goods store. The shop at 3206 80th St. has everything from youth football pads and helmets to men’s softball bats, and specializes in silk screen printing T-shirts, team jerseys, and school spirit wear.
Give the gift of travel
Looking to give the gift of travel this holiday season and still shop small? In celebration of LaMacchia Travel’s 90th year in business, you can purchase a $100 travel gift card for only $90. The offer is valid for gift cards purchased by Sunday, Dec. 5. Use the promo code 90YEARS at check out when you purchase the holiday travel gift certificate online.
“Love in every stitch”
Hookz & Stitchez is an online business offering a variety of hand-crocheted items, promising “love in every stitch,” with a focus on hats and headbands this holiday season.
Think summer at Hansen’s
It’s always pool and spa season at Hansen’s Pool & Spa, 4400 Green Bay Road. Small Business Saturday specials include 25% off grilling accessories, 20% off spa/bath fragrances, and free local delivery and setup on all grills. There is also 50% off sauna delivery and installation; free accessory kit upgrades on hot tubs; and free layaway until next spring on all pools, plus a pool toy for under the tree.
Salon for men
Tune Up, The Manly Salon, 6395 75th St., just opened this week and is offering $5 of all service. “Finally, a hair salon made for men!” the store owner says, “… the man cave of all man cave’s with the best hair cuts, shaves, beard trims, kid’s cuts, manicures and pedicures.” Oh, and there is beer while you wait.
Addicted2Deals in Bristol
The store at 8555 194th Ave. in Bristol sells big-box store items for half the price. This weekend, the store will be handing out coupons for future purchases and drawing for free produce. Hours will be Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to noon.
Used tires for Christmas?
Absolutely! Shop Ed’s Used Tires, 1021 60th St., family-run for more than 50 years. It has more than 5,000 used tires in stock, and all tires are installed free. Open seven days a week, with no appointments needed.