- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 C canned pumpkin
- 1/2 C mango nectar
- 1/2 C lime juice
- 1/2 C smooth peanut butter
- 4 C low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2-4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Green onions, chopped for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Almonds, chopped for garnish
Heat oil in large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, about three minutes. Add onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer until mixture is fragrant.
Transfer chicken mixture to slow cooker. Add celery, carrots, pumpkin, mango nectar, lime juice, almond butter, broth and two cups of water; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low eight hours or high four hours.
Stir in apple cider vinegar. Mix coconut milk and cornstarch together in a small mixing bowl. Stir mixture into soup. Turn setting to high. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until soup thickens.
To serve, put rice in soup bowls. Ladle soup around rice. Sprinkle with garnish.