Summer is quickly approaching! As we look forward to warmer temperatures, Dick’s Roof Repair encourages all homeowners to check the condition of their home’s roofing, siding, and windows. By keeping up with regular inspections, you can avoid potential damage before it becomes a serious problem.
Taking the time now to ensure all of the exterior components that protect your home are in working order can help prevent costly repairs in the future. Below are some simple tips on how to do a visual inspection of your home.
- Start with the roof. Winter weather can lead to a buildup of snow on top of the shingles; this can cause the shingles to become weighed down and potentially crack or break apart altogether. Additionally, the harsh change in temperature between day and night may leave parts of your roof vulnerable to ice dams, causing water trapped on the surface to melt into your attic space. If left unchecked, these issues could lead to costly repairs. Be sure to check for shingle cracks, wear and tear, or discoloration on your roof.
- Next, inspect your home’s windows. Winter weather can cause condensation and fogging between the panes of glass in double-paned windows; if this occurs, it could indicate that the seal has broken down and needs replacing. Cold temperatures may also leave certain types of windows prone to cracking. Be sure to look for signs of drafts around each window to determine if any repairs are needed.
- Finally, take a look at your siding. The extreme cold can make some materials brittle, leading them to crack, while high winds can cause the siding to become loose over time. Watch for any warping or discoloration, as this could be a sign of water damage. It is also important to check for any signs of mold or mildew buildup, as these indicate that there might be an issue with your home’s ventilation system.
Keeping your home’s exterior in tip-top shape can save you time, money, and headaches. From keeping your home to saving energy, you can look for these advantages when properly maintaining your home.
- Having a proper roof and adequate insulation will protect your home from the elements and keep it cool during the hot months. Dick’s Roofing offers a wide range of roofing materials, so you can find one that best suits your needs and budget.
- Replacing old windows can save energy costs by helping regulate your home’s temperature. Dick’s Roofing offers a variety of window types and styles, including single-hung, double-hung, and casement windows. We’ll help you select the best windows for your home based on your budget and needs.
- Siding can also be an essential part of any home improvement project, as it can improve your home’s look and energy efficiency. Dick’s Roofing offers durable siding in various colors that will add beauty and style to your home while providing protection against the elements.
Dick’s Roof Repair Service has been providing our valued customers in Kenosha and Racine with top-quality workmanship and reliability since 1957. If you are in need of a free inspection or notice anything suspicious after checking your roof, windows, or siding, contact Dick’s Roofing immediately for a free estimate at 262-654-6644 or check out www.dicksroofing.com to view all of the services available for your home.