Kenosha Creative Space in partnership with Lomeli Butcher Shop and Midwest DJ Productions will present the second annual Festival Orgullo Hispanio — Hispanic Heritage Festival — Saturday and Sunday (Sept. 17-18) at Kenosha’s Pennoyer Park, 3601 7th Ave.
Following up on a popular inaugural event in downtown Kenosha last September, this year’s event will be an expanded version of the one-day festival that attracted a great deal of attention in 2021, said Kenosha Creative Space Executive Director Francisco Loyola.
“Last year’s event showed us there is a large audience ready and excited to celebrate Hispanic culture in Kenosha,” Loyola said. “We are excited to come back with an even bigger and better event that will offer something for everyone in our community.”
The event will run from noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and noon to 8 p.m. Sunday.
Throughout, there will be a jam-packed schedule of live musical entertainers and DJs, and a host of food and drink vendors available to attendees.
Admission is $10, with proceeds benefitting the nonprofit Kenosha Creative Space — a downtown-based cultural hub for Kenosha’s creative community — as well as a newly created Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund.
Karla Arzate, owner of Lomeli Butcher Shop, said she and her business are proud to support the festival.
“I think it is important not to forget our culture and to teach the new generations where we come from and how beautiful our roots are — to teach non-Hispanics what we bring from our countries such as our delicious food, music and our Folkloric dances,” Arzate said.
“We can show at this Festival how much we have left behind in our countries, coming to a strange country to work and give a better life to our families. We want to show our community how much we can do when we come together.”
SATURDAY, Sept. 17
- Noon to 1 p.m. — DJ Pro Lion
- 1 to 2 p.m. — DJ Angel Tear it up
- 2 to 3 p.m. — Benjamin Mercado
- 3 to 4 p.m. — La Perla Tapatía USA
- 4 to 5 p.m. — Spirit Shakers ft. Loboz
- 5 to 5:30 p.m. — Flash Mob Dance w/ Erica
- 6 to 6:30 p.m. — Taco Eating Competition
- 6:30 to 8 p.m. — TBA
- 8 to 9:30 p.m. — Caché MKE
- 9:30 to 11 p.m. — Los Plebes
SUNDAY, Sept. 18
- Noon to 1 p.m. — DJ Puma
- 1 to 2:30 p.m. — Latin Hip-Hop
- 2:30 to 3:35 p.m. — Tamanaco Tambor
- 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. — Kenosha Symphony Orchestra
- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. — Mariachi Los Caporales
- 5:30 to 6:20 p.m. — Grupo Tridente
- 6:20 to 6:30 p.m. — Speaker, Juan Torres
- 6:30 to 7 p.m. — Cultura Viva USA
- 7 to 8 p.m. — DJ Power Hour w/ DJ Diego Lobo & DJ Rolas
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, presented by the Salinas Family
- Lomeli Butcher Shop: Pupusas de El Salvador, Buñuelos y Empanadas de Colombia, Tacos de Harina con Barbacoa Estilo Norteno, Tamales de Oaxaca, Aguas Frescas, Chicharrones y Elotes
- Aragon Tacos Borrachos: Birria Tacos, Steak Tacos & Borracho Beans
- Pedro’s Authentic Mexican Cuisine: Tacos, Tamales, Empanadas, Churros, Raspas & Elote
- Mima’s Kitchen: Tostones, Rice, Plain Pincho, BBQ Pincho, Soda & Water
- Tacos La Flama: Steak, Chicken, Al Pastor & Birria Tacos, Birria Quesadillas & Quesabirrias w/ Consomme
- Taqueria De La Rosa: Tacos
- Rock It Tacos: Tacos & Nachos w/ Steak, Chicken, Al Pastor or Shrimp
- San Jose Bakery: Gorditas, Quesadillas, Pambazos, Papas, Chicharrones, Churros y Donas
- Los Compadres: Refreshments
- Big Head Tacos: Authentic Mexican Food
- Los Elotes El Jalisco: Elotes Rostizados
- Manda DOUGH Vegan Co: Vegan cookies and brookies inspired by Mexican American experiences
- DS Leather Design: Handmade Leather Goods & Crafts
- Yoce’s Crafts: Variety of handmade metal tumblers, wristlets & paper flower bouquets
- L. Marie’s Creations & More LLC: Spiritual items, toys, resin products, candles, soaps, body oils and more
- Artesanía Minga: Handcrafted products from Mexico
- Kika’s Creations: Candy, gifts, keychains, T-shirts & chocolate covered treats
- Royal Prestige Cookware
- The Little Big Top Fun Company: Balloon twisting, face painting, candy cups, and Magic tricks
- Kenosha Public Library Bookmobile: Books, Movies, Games for borrowing, Library Card Signup & Storytime
- Limitless Sin Limites Realty: Real Estate Services
- Team Diaz eXp Realty LLC: Real Estate Services
- St. Lawrence Seminary High School: Catholic High School Education
- Kenosha County Public Health: Health Equity Task Force & Narcan Training
- Congregations United to Serve Humanity (C.U.S.H.)
- Kenosha Creative Space
- Spicy Freza Apparel: Latina handmade apparel