Automobile manufacturing took place in Kenosha for more than 100 years. The Kenosha History Center celebrates the area’s industrial history — including how Kenosha’s auto-making legacy shaped history through the 20th century — both inside its museum and through events like this one.The Kenosha Homecoming Car Show is a signature event in the Kenosha Area. It is a much-anticipated experience for AMC and other made-in-Kenosha car collectors.
The Kenosha History Center produces the Kenosha Homecoming Car Show. Typically held every three years, the show will be held July 26-31. A series of events will take place at various locations. The big car show/swap meet is on Saturday, July 30 at the beautiful Kennedy Park on the Lake Michigan shore.
There were close to 1,000 cars on display and over 230 vendors in 2017, when the show was last held.
There is no larger AMC show in the world. The Kenosha History Center recommends cars and swap meet vendors to preregister for the show. Registrations can be found on the History Center website and can be mailed or dropped off in person to the Kenosha History Center. Cars and Vendors can also register the day of the show at Kennedy Park.Schedule of events
TUESDAY, July 26
- Evening Car Cruise-in at Ruffolo’s Special Pizza 2, 3931 45th St. (4-8 p.m.)
WEDNESDAY, July 27
- Open House at Alfano Performance AMC Speed Shop, 3401 Roosevelt Road (11 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Dyno Day at Don’s Auto Parts & Machine Shop, 6814 39th Ave. (Noon-4 p.m.). There is a fee to have your car tested.
- Racing at Great Lakes Dragaway, 18411 1st St., Union Grove (5 p.m.), There is a fee.
- Evening Car Cruise-in at Mars Cheese Castle, 2800 West Frontage Road (4-8 p.m.)
THURSDAY, July 28
- Daytime Car Cruise-in at The Sandlot Bar and Grill, 9251 Antioch Road, Salem (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Gremlin Event at Jeffery Elementary School, 4011 87th St. (1-2 p.m.)
- Evening Car Cruise-in at Filomena’s Restaurant and Cortese’s Banquet Hall, 1300 Sheridan Road (4-8 p.m.)
FRIDAY, July 29
- Homecoming Car Show Swap Meet at Kennedy Park, 4051 5th Ave. (8 a.m.-4 p.m.). There is a fee to have a space at the swap meet.
- Ice Cream Social at Nash Elementary School, 6801 99th Ave. (1 p.m.). Ice cream will be available to purchase.
- Homecoming Car Show “Parade” – Staging at Southport Beach House parking lot, 7501 2nd Ave. Depart Southport Park at 4 p.m., travel west on 78th St., right on 7th Ave., continue through Downtown Kenosha, Continue on 6th Ave., right into Pennoyer Park, continue through Kennedy Park, continue through Simmons Island Park, end at Kenosha History Center for Kenosha Homecoming Block Party event.
- Kenosha Homecoming Block Party at Kenosha History Center, 220 51st Pl. (4-8 p.m.)
SATURDAY, July 30
- 2022 Kenosha Homecoming Car Show & Swap Meet at Kennedy Park, 4051 5th Ave. (8 a.m.-4 p.m.). There is a fee to show your car or have a space at the swap meet. Free for spectators.
SUNDAY, July 31
- Racing at Great Lakes Dragaway, 18411 1st St., Union Grove (9 a.m.). There is a fee.