An oxymoron, yes … but it’s a tasty oxymoron.Your classic mocha is typically a darker, semi-sweet chocolate. In itself, it’s not overly sweet. Because of this, add some vanilla syrup to sweeten the hot chocolate. The recipe calls for equal parts of mocha and vanilla; however, if you’re looking for a really sweet treat, add a tad more vanilla. Make sure to top the beverage off with whipped cream!
The flavor combination of the mocha and vanilla make for a great iced or blended drink as well, and because I love my espresso, I decided to make this a latte.
- 3 Tbsp mocha syrup
- 3 Tbsp vanilla syrup
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or milk alternative)
- Whipped cream
- In a large cup, at least 26-ounce cup, pour 3 tablespoons of vanilla syrup & 3 tablespoons of dark chocolate mocha syrup.
- Pull three shots of espresso and pour into the cup … give it a swirl (or stir the syrups with the espresso). If you’re not a coffee drinker, you can skip this step.
- Add 1.5 cups of your preferred milk & stir.
- Fill the rest of the cup with ice
- If you enjoy whipped cream, add to the top & enjoy!