There truly is nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate. I personally believe peanut butter goes well with practically anything. I put it on my waffles, pancakes, toast, and even ice cream. For this holiday season, when you have the extended family over for some holiday cheer … consider making some peanut butter hot chocolate. It won’t disappoint.Ingredients:
- 6 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (I added just a tad more in my recipe).
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp of peanut butter
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine half-and-half, heavy cream and chocolate. Cover and cook on low 4 hours or high 2 hours. Vigorously whisk once halfway through cooking.
- Place 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in microwave-safe dish and zap in your microwave for 10 seconds. Stir, and repeat process until the peanut butter is melted and smooth.
- Whisk hot chocolate well. Stir in vanilla, then add melted peanut butter.
- Serve right away, or keep on warm, covered (for up to 2 hours).
- Add your favorite toppings. I added marshmallow fluff with crushed Reese’s Pieces and a whole Reese Cup.