For the crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
For the filling
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 15-ounce can pure pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (see tip after recipe)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Four large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the outside (bottom and sides) of a 9-inch springform pan with foil to prevent leaking.
- Make the crust: toss the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl until combined. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake until set and a few shades darker, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Make the filling: beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and beat another 3 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin, sour cream, pie spices, vanilla and salt. Beat them until combined. Add the eggs and beat medium-low until just combined. Finish stirring with a rubber spatula (make sure to get the bottom of the bowl). Pour filling into the cooled pan with the crust. Gently tap the pan to release any air bubbles.
- Set the cheesecake into a larger roasting pan or baking dish, and set in the oven using the middle rack. Carefully pour boiling water into the baking dish/pan one-third of the way up the springform pan side. Bake the cheesecake until edges are set and center is still jiggly. This should take around 1 1/2 hours. When ready, turn off the oven and slightly crack the oven door. Keep the cheesecake in the hot oven for an additional 30-45 minutes. Remove from rack and let the cheesecake cool completely. Finally, cover and refrigerate for 8 hours (or overnight) until fully chilled.
- Remove from fridge and sit at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Remove springform ring and enjoy!
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use this recipe:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove