I found this recipe while searching for crab cake recipes, and I sure am glad that I did!
These chicken patties are not only delicious, but super simple to make. Whip up your favorite dipping sauce, or dip them in ranch dressing for a perfect dinner.
- 4 cups (16 oz by weight) of shredded chicken breast (canned or leftover from a rotisserie)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp of fresh dill, finely chopped (you can always use a different herb if you’d prefer)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest (plus lemon wedges to serve)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Mix and whisk 2 eggs, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup flour, 3 Tbsp dill, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp lemon zest.
- Add in shredded chicken and 1 1/4 mozzarella cheese. Stir until batter is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove and separate into balls using an ice cream scoop. Press balls into 1/2-inch thick patties. Dip both side in panko.
- You can either fry them in 1 Tbsp oil for 5 minutes on each side, or dab some oil on both sides and place in your air fryer. Cook at 370 degrees for 5-7 minutes on each side. If you’d prefer to not dab oil (just helps them brown) you can cook them without the oil for fewer calories.
- When patties are cooked, sprinkle salt and squeeze some lemon over them. Enjoy with or without your favorite dipping sauces. Serve warm and enjoy!