As the regular season nears an end, the Parkside men’s soccer team looks to claim the regular season title. At 12-3-2, the Rangers are currently tied for first place in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference with Davenport. One of the biggest parts of the Rangers’ success has been redshirt-junior Rade Novakovich, our Kenosha.com Ranger of the Week for the third time this fall.
Novakovich currently leads all of NCAA Division II in goals (19) and points (47) after another outstanding week for Parkside, where he tallied four goals and an assist while leading the team to a crucial 2-0 weekend. He finished with his third career hat trick in Friday’s 5-1 win over Upper Iowa, then added his fourth goal of the weekend in a 3-0 shutout over St. Cloud State.
Looking ahead to the GLIAC Tournament
The Rangers play their final regular-season game on Thursday at Northern Michigan, and a win will guarantee they are at least co-champions of the GLIAC. Also with a win on Thursday, it’ll take a miracle for Parkside NOT to own the No. 1 seed and host the GLIAC Tournament, which would take place at Pritchard Park in Racine on Friday, Nov. 14 (semifinals) and Sunday, Nov. 16 (championship). Parkside is tied with Davenport in the standings, and owns the tiebreaker by a long shot right now.
After two Kenosha.com Ranger of the Week awards already, we thought it would be fun to sit down with Rade for a rapid question session. Enjoy!
- What is your favorite color? — Blue
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? — Teleportation
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? — Chocolate
- What is your favorite Kenosha restaurant? — La Fogata Mexican Grill
- If you were not playing soccer, what sport would you play? — I would probably play tennis instead.
- What is your favorite pro team? — Arsenal F.C.
- Who is your favorite pro athlete? — My brother, Andre Novakovich.
- Cats or dogs? — Dogs
- Do you have any sort of pregame ritual? — Not really, I just kind of listen to music before games.
- What is your dream travel destination? — I would have to say Paris, France.
- Who is your favorite music artist? — My favorite artist is a Serbian singer named Nedeljko Bajic Baja.
- What is your favorite movie? — The Dark Knight Rises
- What is your spirit animal? — A lion
- Apple or Android? — Apple
- Favorite holiday? — Christmas
- What is your go-to karaoke song? — Wonderwall by Oasis
- What is your favorite season? — Summer
- Who is your favorite Parkside professor? — Professor Cholak, Lecturer for Accounting in the Business Department
- Are you a night owl or a morning person? — I’m a morning person.
- Alright, now for the most important question of all. Does pineapple belong on a pizza? — No, it does not.
Rangers in action
Parkside men’s soccer will hit the road on Thursday to face the Northern Michigan Wildcats in their regular-season finale. The match will begin at 2 p.m. and will have major implications in the Rangers postseason schedule.
Mini packs and group tickets
Parkside Athletics has announced three exciting mini pack options for basketball and wrestling, which are now available on ParksideRangers.com/Tickets along with individual game tickets for basketball and wrestling. There are three mini pack options: Build Your Own 5-Pack, Festival Foods Family and Friends Pack and the Pack the Den Mini Pack.
Pricing (applies to all three mini packs)
General Admission — $35
Chair Back: General — $45
Chair Back: Premium — $60 (Includes $10 in Ranger Cash)
Bear Club: $100 (Includes $10 in Ranger Cash)
With our newly renovated gym, we are able to host groups like never before! Experience the Vision of Parkside Athletics by bringing your company, school, club sport or non-profit to a game or event for a one-of-a-kind experience! To purchase group tickets, please contact Athletics Marketing and Ticketing Coordinator, Robyn Elliott at email@example.com or (262)595-2246.
Purchase season tickets
Season tickets for basketball and wrestling are still available, including seats available in The Bear Club and the Nexus Courtside/Matside Club, which both have access to The Bear Club’s bar during events. Be sure to book your spot in the newly renovated De Simone Gymnasium, which features new bleachers and two new videoboards. To learn more or to purchase your season tickets, visit ParksideRangers.com/Tickets.